[mdlug] February 2011 SEMCO SIG-Linux meeting reminder

Michael Rudas audiotech50 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 23:22:12 EST 2011

A reminder...

SEMCO SIG-Linux meeting announcement

The February 2011 SEMCO SIG-Linux meeting will be:
Tuesday, February 23, 2011
from 6:45 to 8:45 p.m.
Location: "Motor City Free Geek" facility
1511 Jarvis St. (northwest corner Wanda & Jarvis)
Ferndale MI  48220

The meeting topic will be: "File Managers and Desktops"
Michael Rudas (that's me!) will talk about the relationship between
file managers and graphical user interfaces.  Special attention will
be paid to dual-pane file managers.  This presentation is part of a
larger article I'm writing titled "Data Management in the Terabyte
Age".
The facility is located east of Hilton Road and south of 9 Mile Road
(between Hilton and John R). The new location is just nort of the
previous SIG-Linux meeting location at the i3Detroit hackerspace.

--> Directions from the north:
Wanda Street runs south from 9 Mile Road.  Go south on Wanda from the
traffic light at 9 Mile Rd. The building is on the northwest corner of
Wanda and Jarvis (it's the first traffic light south of 9 Mile).
--> Directions from the south (a bit trickier, due to the railroad
tracks and divided highway):
Take 8 Mile Road.  From the west: Take the first turn-around east of
the railroad overpass.  From the east: turn right on West End Street
(last turn-off before the railroad overpass).  Take any subsequent
left--they all end at Wanda.  Turn right and go north to Jarvis.

~~ Michael Rudas
   My home page: http://MRudas.2Ya.com
   My software blog: http://FaveSoft.blogspot.com
   My Protopage links: http://TinyURL.com/protop