[mdlug] Email Problem

Robert J. Clay rjclay at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 14:46:40 EST 2011

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 2:20 PM, Robert Jim Fulner <fulner at gmail.com> wrote:
> He has always used the AT&T Yahoo! webmail interface to to check his email
> He has an old machine that is still running Windows 98. A while back the web
> interface stopped working due to the hardware/software limitations (I get
> the same thing when I try to check my AT&T yahoo account on my OLPC XO
> machine). As such for the last year or more he's being going to the library
> twice a week to check his email.

      Any particular reason why he's not running an instance of MS
Windows in a virtual machine?    That's what I ended up doing when I
had a similar issue with an instance of MS Windows XP running on older
hardware;   the hardware kept giving me problems (possible issues with
the HD and/or RAM), so I used virt-manager to install it into a VM on
a Debian Gnu/Linux system.

--
Robert J. Clay
rjclay at gmail.com