[mdlug] Problems with virtualbox, fedora 15, gnome 3

Brian Brodsky brianbrodsky at ameritech.net
Sat Aug 20 19:47:28 EDT 2011

I have installed on my windows 7 laptop VirtualBox 4.1.2. I deleted my
fedora 14 guest machine and created a fedora 15 guest machine. When I
did this gnome 3 went to fallback mode. I installed the linux guest
additions and then gnome 3 ran. I also disabled selinux. But any
programs seemed extremely slow. The os is fine because when I logged
into KDE desktop KDE programs ran fine. Gnome programs under KDE were
still unresponsive. I then forced fallback mode and the gnome desktop
and all apps seems fine. However, in the KDE desktop gnome apps still
are either very slow or unresponsive. Does anybody know how I can get
gnome 3 to run properly?

Brian