[mdlug] WTF /var/log

Garry Stahl tesral at wowway.com
Thu Aug 18 15:30:40 EDT 2011

Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> Yep; a good reason to have /var/log as its own volume.  Even on a
> desktop/laptop system.  This is the most common problem I see regarding
> omg-my-disk-is-full.

OK, I have the drive ready to install, how do I name that volume to make
sure /var ends up there?  I have a 2 tera drive, 30 for /root, 4 for
swap, ?/var rest /home.

And should /var be the physical partition?

--
Garry  AKA  --Phoenix--  Rising above the Flames.

Journalism is publishing what someone doesn't want us to know, the rest is propaganda. -- Horacio Verbitsky
Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com
Metro Detroit Linux Users Group http://www.mdlug.org