[mdlug] Time to build a new server

Robert Adkins II radkins at impelind.com
Thu Aug 18 09:22:04 EDT 2011

  I can't imagine why I would need that much power and memory on the server
at this time. We do not experience any issues with fileserver performance
and there are, at times, some pretty decently sized CAD files, accounting
and other application files being hit simultaneously by upwards of 5 to 7
users.

  The last time that I order replacement servers, I ended up spending less
than $1500 on all of the hardware for one server.

  Cheap is... The implied word around here. My primary interest is knowing
whether or not anyone on the list is familiar with particular motherboards
and apparently also particular SATA Hard Drives that play nice with ESATA
Hot Swapping.

	Thanks again,
	Rob