[mdlug] Google dust up

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Thu Aug 4 10:41:45 EDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-08-04 at 07:17 -0700, David Lane wrote:
> http://www.linkedin.com/news?actionBar=&articleID=680022834&ids=0Me3AOc38Me3oIdz8NcP4PejsSb3kMcPkUdjATdyMTejAMc38Me3oId3cUcz8Mc3wS&aag=true&freq=weekly&trk=eml-tod-b-ttle-4
> My tweet:
> @BradSmi  Regardless
> of what you are doing LEGALLY there are a lot of computer users that don’t like
> MS  and are forced to live with your
> products.
> Google foundation is built on Linux.

So are an inumerable number of things, including [almost certainly] your
new flat-screen TV.

> It just seems that Microsoft is throwing a lot of resources to slow the progression of Linux and open source OS's.

Bogus Bogus Bogus.  Still with the Microsoft hate?  That is so 1990s.

Microsoft has contributed substantially to Open Source.  They have
committed code to the kernel.  They actively assist Samba & OpenMAPI.
They invite Mono to the .NET conferences.   I see no evidence at all of
attempts to 'slow the progression' of Open Source beyond simply
competing in the marketplaces.

Microsoft is a proprietary software company.  So is Google.