[mdlug] Lethal hardware

Garry Stahl tesral at wowway.com
Thu Oct 7 12:27:04 EDT 2010

Michael Rudas wrote:
> The very first time I tried to install Linux (SuSE 8.0), it simply
> would NOT install.  The install process would fail at various points
> in different ways and a tech support request was ignored.  It turned
> out to be the USB mouse, a fancy "4D" mouse/trackball combo that was
> too smart for the installer, I guess.  USB issues crop up in strange
> ways--I've seen it with Windows, too.

My son trying to use my floppy / card reader.  Windows 7 loaded a device
for every port on the thing whether it had something in it or not.
Linux treats the whole as one device.  I ought to see what happens if I
load a floppy and an SD card at the same time.

I got a whole AMD motherboard that would not load Linux, period.  It got
took back.

--
Garry  AKA  --Phoenix--  Rising above the Flames.

Those persons, or societies, easily offended need to be offended until they get over it.
Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com
Metro Detroit Linux Users Group http://www.mdlug.org