[mdlug] Webserver

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at opengroupware.us
Mon Jul 12 10:54:23 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-08 at 17:07 -0400, Al Fuller wrote:
> BTW, if the only thing holding you back from internet accessibility as you
> indicated below is the lack of a static IP address - you could use one of
> the dynamic dns services, which will give you an outward-facing  web address
> and keep track of your IP address for you.  Some are free...

I would not recommend this.

(a) It almost certainly violates the End-User-License Agreement, to
which you agreed.  It is a violation of contract and unethical.
(b) Performance will be bad.
(c) Availability will be bad.

> > I'm not looking for Internet accessibility.  (Can't afford the fixed IP
> > for starters.

For $20/month you can get a VPS at a service at Linnode.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam at whitemice.org> LPIC-1, Novell CLA
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com>