[mdlug] Open Source accounting software

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at opengroupware.us
Thu Jan 28 10:20:44 EST 2010

On Wed, 2010-01-27 at 22:41 -0500, Stan Green wrote:
> Are you kidding, H&R Block even dropped Win2K this year. They don't even support
> Win2K if you use their online version. (The do allow Firefox, but only on
> Windows XP or later. So much for the web being OS independent!) I was fighting
> with H&R block CS for over an hour on this. Linux is not even a blip on the
> radar to them.
> I was very unhappy that I had to create a XP image in VMWare just to do my
> taxes! I would go back to paper if it was not shooting myself in the foot.
> I can only assume the rest are about equal on this issue. TurboTax also dropped
> support for Win2K this year.

Makes sense Win2K is no longer supported.

I make an appointment at H&R, go there with all the paper work, the man
fills out the forms [in what really looks like a Borland OWL app!], and
then he hands me an envelope to stick the check in and mail.

When I get home I write the check, enter that into GNUcash, and mail the
envelope.

All 100% LINUX/GNOME compatible and hassle free.

OpenGroupware developer: awilliam at whitemice.org
<http://whitemiceconsulting.blogspot.com/>
OpenGroupare & Cyrus IMAPd documenation @
<http://docs.opengroupware.org/Members/whitemice/wmogag/file_view>