[mdlug] Open Source accounting software

Stan Green Stan at mcomputersolutions.com
Wed Jan 27 22:41:31 EST 2010

Are you kidding, H&R Block even dropped Win2K this year. They don't even support
Win2K if you use their online version. (The do allow Firefox, but only on
Windows XP or later. So much for the web being OS independent!) I was fighting
with H&R block CS for over an hour on this. Linux is not even a blip on the
radar to them.

I was very unhappy that I had to create a XP image in VMWare just to do my
taxes! I would go back to paper if it was not shooting myself in the foot.

I can only assume the rest are about equal on this issue. TurboTax also dropped
support for Win2K this year.

Regards,
Stan