[mdlug] Open Source accounting software

David Lane dcl400m at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 28 08:25:33 EST 2010

Have you looked at GNU Cash?

________________________________
From: Stan Green <Stan at mcomputersolutions.com>
To: MDLUG's Main discussion list <mdlug at mdlug.org>
Sent: Wed, January 27, 2010 9:21:25 PM
Subject: Re: [mdlug] Open Source accounting software

I've tried most of the ones marked as "personal". This is one area I think Linux
is very weak! Not one of these programs even comes close to the power of
Quicken. For example, when I was looked for a Quicken replacement, not one of
them could print checks on blank stock. There is no way I am going back to hand
writting checks! (Yes, I still pay most of my bill by check.)

So, if you are a Linux developer looking for something to do, build a Quicken
killer and you will be famous!

Regards,
Stan