[mdlug] online backup

Garry Stahl tesral at wowway.com
Mon Jan 25 09:50:50 EST 2010

Allen Majorovic wrote:
> Lately I've been giving some thought to online backup and when an article popped up about a GUI front end for UbuntuOne I thought I'd give it a look.
>
> In a nutshell you get 2 gig for free and 50 gig for $10 a month.
>
> 2 gig is kind of tight but $120 per year for a 50 gig hard drive, albeit a hard drive in a nuclear bomb-proof bunker surrounded by warding spells to keep away evil influences, seems kind of a lot. Anyone know of similar services with a bit more gentle ramp-up between "free" and "paid"?

That could go broke and vanish.

Pay $120 (if that much)  for a terabyte and a housing.

--
Garry  AKA  --Phoenix--  Rising above the Flames.

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy? -Mohandas K. Gandhi
Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com
Metro Detroit Linux Users Group http://www.mdlug.org