[mdlug] Laptop woes - Knoppix boots but Ubuntu doesn't?

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Tue Jan 19 10:33:36 EST 2010

> From: Robert Citek

> Try booting the Ubuntu CD, pressing F4 to bring up the modes, and
> selecting Safe Graphics Mode.  Also, press F6 and remove "quiet
> splash" from the end of the boot command line.

 I'll try removing "quiet splash"; I might be able to see where it freezes up.

> What make and model of laptop?

Dell Inspiron 2650 model PP04L - which worked fine with Ubuntu before the Night The Laptop Died.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                    (313) 227-2317

 "Anyone else notice that the U.S. military did a bang-up job
   protecting Iraqi oil wells, but no one told them to make
                hospitals a priority?" - Me