[mdlug] linux-friendly store in metro area - DELL update

Michael Mikowski z_mikowski at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 2 12:49:16 EST 2010

Today I (re?)discovered http://dell.com/ubuntu and found the new "official" studio 15 offering.

The $594 base price is actually very good, and the laptop is superior in every respect to the one that I purchased last year except for the screen, which is 1366x768 with an LED.  RAM jumps to 3GB from 2GB.  Throw in a 6 cell battery, and you are around $630.

So, its a good computer for a good price, and I'm a bit embarrassed by my last post; however, to be fair to myself :), none of the Dell service reps pointed me in the right direction, and finding the option is still far from obvious on the Dell site.