[mdlug] linux-friendly store in metro area - DELL update

Jim Broughton jbroughton at twmi.rr.com
Sat Jan 2 04:19:47 EST 2010

And this somehow surprises you? Dell was and always has
been a Microsoft shop/shill whatever. The only reason they
even breath a word about Linux is to get Microsoft to make
some sort of stupid concession in the next contract. Then we
start the cycle all over again until the next contract negotiations
start.
The only reason Dell even gives any lip service to Linux at all
is for the people who buy massive amounts of servers that
want  it. Linux on the desktop/laptop is not even on the
radar for most large computer makers.
Any computer made by a mega corp like Dell or HP is going
to be on the lowest level crappy hardware they can find.
I am constantly amazed by what I find inside Dell boxes.
Cheaply constructed cases with some great
amenities but  otherwise filled with cheap motherboards
and peripheral cards. I have not even thought of buying Dell since
I bought a laptop from them back in late 2003.

Jim