[mdlug] Problems with the flash plug in install files

R. Kannan rkannan at peoplepc.com
Wed Feb 24 22:14:42 EST 2010

The distro on the machine is SuSE.

First I checked the version of the plugin. The plugin version for the flash player shows up in 'about:plugins' as '10.0 r15' whereas the Adobe site where I downloaded shows 10.0.45.2 as the latest version that can be downloaded. Not sure why the instructions are so wrong.

Then I found here were two different libflashplayer.so files on the machine. The link

/usr/lib/firefox/plugins/libflashplayer.so is a link that points to /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so which was updated when I installed.

There is also /usr/lib/firefox/plugins/libflashplayer.so which was older. I updated that file and now about:plugins shows the version as '10.0 r45' but youtube still complains :-(

Thanks for your help.