[mdlug] Open Office failures

David Lane dcl400m at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 18 08:51:49 EST 2010

I will look at that.

I'm a fan of compiling to binary.

Some of the backgound resources in Education Admin Systems (Datatel) have Java elements that bog down the servers and the hardware is
under powered. the vender chose Java because the Java runtime envornment is very portable. however there is a scaling issue. Many times the applications that we write are scaled after the fact.

I run across a lot of schools that get hammered on the web because the Java processes are not running fast enough.

I still hold on to my old 286 development standard, If you can make a process run fast on a 286 PC then that is good code.

I love OO it does every thing that I need it to, almost (Visio: another thread.). It does take a while to load.

David C. Lane