[mdlug] Open Office failures

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Thu Feb 18 08:28:44 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 12:46:06AM -0500, Michael Corral wrote:

> 2010-02-17, Monsieur David Lane a ecrit:
> > Back to Open Office, when it runs into trouble are the JAVA resources
> > an issue?
>
> What "JAVA resources" are you talking about? Open Office is not a
> Java application.

One of the first things I do when I use OpenOffice on a new system is
turn off Java:

Just go to the Tools menu -> Options, then click on the "Java" subitem
under "OpenOffice.org" and unclick the "Use a java runtime
environment".

I've found it speeds up OpenOffice applications.  (although this might
not be the case anymore with faster computers)