[mdlug] Is the "Wintel" monopoly slipping away?

Robert Adkins II radkins at impelind.com
Mon Dec 27 12:20:01 EST 2010

Oh, so now any economist who disagrees or follows with the legal finding of
fact in the court case against Microsoft is suggested to be something other
than sane.

Ad hominem attacks do nothing to help your assertion.

The facts are that the courts found Microsoft to have a monopoly and also
that they abused that monopoly. End of story.

Things have changed (a little) in the marketplace since then. Part of the
reason things have changed is partly due to the restrictions that have been
placed upon Microsoft, primarily in Europe. (I don't believe any such
restrictions have been placed on Microsoft in the US.)

-Rob