[mdlug] The financial & legal danger of wireless in the house...

Robert Oliver rob.oliver80 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 10:12:02 EST 2010

I keep  my wireless pretty locked down.  I change the SSIDs, default
usernames and passwords, and use WPA2.  The only thing I don't do is use a
hidden SSID, I think that tends to be more trouble than it's worth.

I think the benefits of having wireless in the home far out weigh the cons.
 In fact, depending on the business, I think the cons out weigh the benefits
in a business setting.  That's excluding "guest" wireless networks that are
separate from the company's network.  I'm talking wireless networks the
employees would be regularly connecting to in order to do their jobs.

Anyhow, just my $12 (damn inflation).