[mdlug] Apache and Config for files outside of www dir

Evan Carew elcarew at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 30 09:41:58 EDT 2010

Jonathan,

I think you've got it. Since I'm developing, and only accessing the
server from localhost, security isn't a concern. I suspect that there
are a lot of use cases for developers just like this, where the
developer simply gives up because he/she can't make it work out of the
box. I nearly gave up on FC linux in this case. For reasons related to
PPtP, I may be switching to Ubuntu anyway as their implementation works
much better than the FC equivalent. If Ubuntu gives me the same amount
of trouble as I got from FC11, I may be switching to Mac some time in 2011.

Evan