[mdlug] any GNU/Linux Contributors?

Garry Stahl tesral at wowway.com
Fri Apr 9 22:35:42 EDT 2010

Michael Corral wrote:
> I'm not sure what you're getting at. Are you saying that the name of
> a program should begin with letters or words that indicate its
> purpose? So how would "Firefox" or "vi" fit in with that?

It is one way to do it. Not saying it is the right way, should be done
or should not be done. However it is a valid reason to do it that way.
Not everyone agrees.  If they did we would have MzFireFox and
MzThunderbird.  We do not.

--
Garry AKA --Phoenix-- Rising above the Flames.

We should be careful to get out of an experience only the wisdom that is
in it -- and stop there -- lest we be like the cat that sits down on a
hot stove-lid. She will never sit down on a hot stove-lid again, and
that is well; but also she will never sit down on a cold one any more.
-Mark Twain
Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com
Metro Detroit Linux Users Group http://www.mdlug.org