[mdlug] any GNU/Linux Contributors?

Michael Corral micorral at comcast.net
Fri Apr 9 21:16:06 EDT 2010

2010-04-08, Monsieur Aaron Kulkis a ecrit:
> Michael Corral wrote:
>> I've written a few free GPL'ed programs for Linux:
>>
>> Jfilerunner: http://freshmeat.net/projects/jfilerunner
>
> Why not just call it filerunner?

Because that name was already taken. :) In fact, my program is pretty
much a Java clone of Filerunner, with some improvements.

> Why is it that most every java programmer thinks that his program
> name needs to begin with the letter j?

Heh, I guess you're gonna hate the name of my Java xchat clone. :)

> I can understand a family of programs (such as the KDE
> suite naming most programs to fit the pattern k*), but
> for independent programs to all start with J...I just
> don't get it.

There are lots of Gtk+ apps that begin with g, Qt apps that begin
with q, Python apps that begin with py, etc.

>> TkViewMan: http://freshmeat.net/projects/tkviewman
>
> Same thing goes for tk-writers. WHY?
>
> Why not just call it ViewMan?

Because I want people to know that it uses Tcl/Tk.

Michael