[mdlug] Damaged Image recovery

Robert Adkins radkins at impelind.com
Fri Sep 25 17:01:19 EDT 2009

In the future, you might want to look at the Linux Kernel controlled RAID
setup.

>From what I have read on it, you can create a software RAID controlled by
the Linux Kernel which will provide the mirroring you are seeking, without
the potential issues/trouble of rsync. As I understand it, the solution is
rather solid.

If you are upgrading your system, you could always look into a
motherboard/case combination that will allow you to put an External SATA
drive on your system. Then you can create a RAID 1 mirror with an internal
and the external drive and provide yourself with that hard drive failure
protection and quick/ease of grabbing/running if something untoward happens
to your domicile.

-Rob