[mdlug] Open source projects - when to say no!

Clinton Weiss cvweiss at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 14:28:34 EDT 2009

I'm involved in a couple of different open source projects** and in each
there are particular demands from people.  These demands, while
reasonable, just aren't feasible for the developers.

What's the best way to get people to stop demanding support for features
X, Y, and Z in a polite and professional manner?  I understand this can
be a very generic question, but I'm curious what some of you might have
to say on the subject.

Clinton

** Google me if you're really curious, but nothing that exciting.