[mdlug] Setting up SSL on Apache2

Robert Adkins radkins at impelind.com
Mon Sep 21 09:49:49 EDT 2009

Hey All,

	I need to make Apache2 only accept SSL connections.

	I have SSL installed and working on my server and it works like a
champ for Webmin, which only accepts SSL connections. However, I have the
Horde webmail client installed, which I want/need to make accessible
outside, except I must make that use SSL.

	So far, I believe that I created a proper self-signed certificate,
installed it properly and setup some proper configurations... Except when I
tell Apache2 to use it, Apache2 will fail to start, which means I did
something wrong. I don't know if I grabbed the wrong key/certificate
combination as that isn't very clear from the documentation.

	Thanks for any pointers!

	-Rob