[mdlug] VPS providers

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at opengroupware.us
Mon Sep 21 08:58:45 EDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-09-19 at 07:12 -0400, Carl T. Miller wrote:
> I have a Virtual Private Server from slicehost.com that I
> really like.  Basically they host a virtual machine which
> I have full control over.  For an entry level server, it's
> only $20 a month.
> I was all set to upgrade to a VPS with 1 GB memory, until
> I saw the price tag.  It's $70 a month.  Ouch.
> Does anyone know of a good VPS provider that's more
> economical than this?

I use linnode, $20 a month.  Performance and uptime have been very good.
<http://www.linode.com/>

Having a hosted VM certainly beats the care and feeding of a physical
box and connection.

There is also <http://prgmr.com/xen/> which you can get for $8 a month
if you are a LOPSA <http://lopsa.org/MemberDiscounts> member.