[mdlug] Cannot see my mythtv box from PS3

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Tue Sep 8 08:46:27 EDT 2009

> From: R. Kannan

> 1) When I check the network from PS3, it gets the IP address but says
UPnP
> not available. I can access
> the external network fine from PS3. I cannot see the Myth media from
PS3.

 I think there's a PS3 system setting that activates UPnP or not. You
may want to confirm that's set appropriately.

 Me, I've been using this software:

  http://ps3mediaserver.blogspot.com/

 ...and it's been working pretty well. Still occasional glitches,
though, and the PS3 sometimes puts up a message that there's been a
"DLNA protocol error".

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                                 (313)
227-2317

 "Do Americans want to be a country that kidnaps people without charges,
 tortures them, lies to its allies about it, and then, when it turns out
  they were completely innocent, blocks the Government officials who are
 responsible from being held accountable? That's the country we've
become
  under this administration and its blindly loyal servants in Congress."
                            - Glen Greenwald

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/18/AR200609
1800883.html