[mdlug] Seek some helps and suggestion (backup my files and systems in Fedora 5)

John Wiersba jrw32982 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 5 13:32:02 EDT 2009

I use rsnapshot to backup to external USB-attached disk (actually I do this twice, once to each of two separate disks).  The disks are encrypted and used only for backup, so I only mount them when I want to backup:  power on, mount, unlock, rsnapshot, relock, unmount, power off.  All with 5 keystrokes "bkup<ENTER>" (except the power on/off).  Since I have a surge protector and another UPS/surge, I don't bother to remove the USB connector, but for slightly more protection for you backups, you could do that, too.  Also, don't forget some kind of offsite backup.

-- John Wiersba