[mdlug] OT: single resistor source?

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Tue Nov 17 14:37:35 EST 2009

 I need to fix my CRT monitor - there were a bunch of Sony Trinitrons
that had a problem where the brightness would creep up, and that's
happened to mine. A lot of places on the net recommend soldering in a
new resistor. I'd like to give it a shot, so I need to buy a such a
resistor.

 I need either a ~5M Ohm resistor or a ~10M Ohm resistor rated for at
least 1KV and 0.5W. Anyone have a favored source for such things?

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                        (313) 227-2317

 On July 4, 1951, the Madison, Wisconsin Capital-Times circulated
  a petition composed entirely of quotes from the Bill of Rights
   and the Declaration of Independence. Thanks to the Red Scare,
   only one person out of 112 signed it; some called the FBI to
            investigate the 'subversive' petition.
  - http://www.thenation.com/thebeat/index.mhtml?bid=1&pid=1108