[mdlug] Router is giving up on routing let alone working

Garry Stahl tesral at wowway.com
Wed Nov 4 11:09:08 EST 2009

Robert Adkins wrote:
>   I keep virtually all of our electronics on voltage regulating devices.
> They aren't cheap, but they are less expensive than having to replace the
> devices plugged into them.

UPS is your friend.  I find them cheaper than new computers.

I have an 80 year old house.  Even if the wiring in this room and the
main panel are much newer.  (Main panel 2003, wiring 2003 2008)  It was
not always the case.  I consider the devices cheap insurance.

HOWEVER, make sure you buy enough UPS.  You need one whose wattage is
rated above your computer's draw power.  They put the wattage on the
box, but not in plain sight.  Buying the cheapest UPS may cost you a lot
more than you bargained for.

--
Garry  AKA  --Phoenix--  Rising above the Flames.

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy? -Mohandas K. Gandhi
Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com
Metro Detroit Linux Users Group http://www.mdlug.org