[mdlug] Router is giving up on routing let alone working

Michael ORourke mrorourke at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 3 20:41:45 EST 2009

My Linksys router (forgot the model #) died after about 6 years.  Which I
think is a pretty reasonable lifetime for that kind of device.  And since it
didn't have any wireless capabilities (wired router only), I took the
opportunity to upgrade to a D-Link wireless router.  I found it on
Craigslist for $25 and so far it has not let me down.  I think anytime you
get more than 2 years out of a consumer grade router, you are probably doing
pretty good.

-Mike