[mdlug] Medusa4 Cad?

Jeff Hanson jhansonxi at gmail.com
Tue May 12 11:56:17 EDT 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 11:13 AM, Dean Durant <mdlug at wowway.com> wrote:
> Has anyone used this?
>
> Ever since Dassault announced Catia would not be on unix, and pro-e pulled the plug on it's linux support, I've thought, there's a niche there.
>
> http://www.cad-schroer.com/index.php?ziel=Products-MEDUSA-M4Personal&ref=pr0903_m4p
>
> Impressions?

Never heard of it before although I'm aware of the other two.  It
looks interesting.  MEDUSA4's tool trays reminds me of M$'s "patented"
ribbon interface.

Most of my mechanical work is basic 2D, usually simple enclosure
designs for electronic products which I normally use AutoSketch for.
I just made a remodeling plan for a friends basement using QCaD.  It's
features are somewhere between AutoSketch and AutoCAD LT.  It's
probably not enough for what you need.