[mdlug] How to make minicom read AT commands from a file

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Sat Mar 28 20:50:45 EDT 2009

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 05:52:17PM -0400, R. Kannan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I cannot find this in the minicom man page. I want minicom to read
> and send AT commands from a file to a serial port device (phone). I
> used to know this. Does anyone know how this can be done?

This might not be the way you were doing it, but it should work:

Hit C-a S (send file), choose 'ascii' and then choose the file with
the AT commands.

There's actually a command for doing this kind of thing automatically,
called 'chat'.  It might sound familiar to folks who used linux with
dial-up networking because it was how a lot of people set up PPP and
SLIP dial-up.  It should be included with a distro's PPP packages.