[mdlug] IT Legal case, and excellant photo of 1970's hard disk technology

Robert Adkins radkins at impelind.com
Thu Mar 5 15:25:37 EST 2009

	I wouldn't call this an "IT Case" so much as a criminal case
involving child subject pornography. Yes, it could have ramifications for
IT, yet in this particular case, the information is known to exist on the
laptop, as it was seen by the authorities before it became inaccessible.

	I am of the opinion, as it appears the judges involved in this
latest decision also happen to be, that if nothing was ever seen, then it
would be a 5th Amendment issue.

	-Rob