[mdlug] Bluetooth on LXDE

Robert Jim Fulner fulner at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 17:37:10 EDT 2009

Currently i'm running the LXDE desktop on Debian 5 (Lenny). I have a set of
wireless bluetooth speakers which I'd like to connect to the unit. I have
the Bluetooth package installed for use with my USB Broadcom Bluetotoh
Dongle, but can't seem to figure out how to connect to the speakers for
streaming A2DP.

I'd like to find a good GUI for connecting to stereo Bluetooth devices,
preferably something stand alone that doesn't require me to download half of
the GNOME/KDE libraries to run as I have a really old machine with limited
memory.

I can find the speakers via the hcitool command from the terminal, and
wouldn't be opposed to doing all my connection, etc. from the console, but I
can't make heads or tails of it. I've read all the man pages on bluetooth
that come with Debian, and all the info I find online seems outdated and/or
stool.

Can someone at least point me in the right direction?

--
Jim Fulner
Chair Libertarian Party of Oakland County

http://www.lpocmi.org
Join our Group on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=65842726699&ref=ts

"Restore the constitution, join the Libertarian Revolution""