[mdlug] Help diagnosing hardware problem - not solved

Robert Adkins radkins at impelind.com
Wed Jun 24 14:37:12 EDT 2009

  No. They all don't.

  Some, if they do have one, might have more than one set of three pins with
a jumper on it near the CMOS. With no indication as to what jumper does
what.

  At least some MB manufacturers have been getting really, really crappy
with putting together documentation about their boards lately. I looked at
one brand name, brand new mainboard that came with nothing other than a
diagram of the MB, with all the text in Chinese and no clear indication of
what did what. There was nothing with better information on their website
either.

  In cases like that, it is easier/simpler just to yank out the battery,
wait a few minutes and then put it back in and deal with a freshly wiped
BIOS.

  Rob