[mdlug] Partway through the grieving process

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Wed Jun 17 08:51:50 EDT 2009

> From: Aaron Kulkis

> So how is PS3 Linux?

 Can't really tell yet. I've been spending the last few nights trying to
get my data back. Now that I've given up, I'll try booting into it
again.

 One thing that puzzles me - the image doesn't take up the full screen.
It's a 1080p panel, hooked up via HDMI - everything's digital. They
shouldn't have to worry about monitor timings or anything, they should
be able to get 1920 pixels by 1080 pixels.

 Maybe they have to worry about people hooked up via component cables.
I'm going to look around and see if there's a "1080p dammit" setting.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                      (313) 227-2317

   "The idea that an arbitrary naive human should be able to
  properly use a given tool without training or understanding
  is even more wrong for computing than it is for other tools
 (e.g. automobiles, airplanes, guns, power saws)." - Doug Gwyn