[mdlug] Lemonade on laptop erases hard drive?

Aaron Kulkis akulkis00 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 03:45:11 EDT 2009

David Lee Lambert wrote:
> The problem with my situation is that the filesystem in that laptop is
> bigger than any other drive I have.

In that case, you need to bite the bullet, and either buy or
borrow another disk, pronto.

You would be amazed at the low prices of hard disks lately, a
couple weeks ago at Microcenter, for only $60+tax out the door,
I bought a 320 GB SATA 2.5" (*LAPTOP*) hard disk.

3.5" desktop disks are even cheaper than 2.5" laptop disks.

> (There wasn't that much data on it,  so
> perhaps an image would compress to a reasonable size...)  Also,  last time I
> looked at it,  I couldn't get Knoppix to recognize the Ethernet adapter;
> but I probably will get a USB-to-SATA adapter and do recovery work from
> another PC.

I got one of those for $33 at Microcenter 2 weeks ago
WITHOUT a discount.