[mdlug] Wiki software

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Fri Jul 31 12:41:17 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 11:59:52AM -0400, Garry Stahl wrote:
> Is there any free wiki software available that does not require a web
> server to run?  I want to run it locally not off a website.

A Wiki is a web application with particular features (editing, markup,
collaboration for example).  By definition, it runs off a web site.

Do you expect to be able to use this Wiki with a web browser?

Perhaps you're looking for something like "Tomboy"
(http://projects.gnome.org/tomboy/) which is a note-taking program
that has wiki-like features, but is it's own separate app.