[mdlug] Alienware doesn't support boot from CD?

Robert Jim Fulner fulner at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 13:06:37 EDT 2009

So my wife just got a brand new shiny Alienware Desktop. I threw the old
KNOPPIX cd in the machine to boot and Windows starts as normal. Hmmm...first
thought was that this was the first PC i'd used that didn't have boot off of
CD first was default. Restarted, went to BIOS, and the BIOS didn't give boot
from CD as an option. Had boot from USB, several network options and
Harddisk. Is there anyway I can get it too boot Knoppix, preferably without
spending one of my USB flash drives.

Google came up with a lot of folks not being able to install Ubuntu on
similar machines.

Jim