[mdlug] Networking with open SUSE 11.1

Jay P Hailey jayphailey at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 29 23:25:20 EDT 2009

Hey, every one.  My name is Jay and I am just switching to Linux now.  I am
in Spokane, but I was referred to your knowledgable-ness by my friend Garry
Stahl

I have a netgear WG311v3 wireless network adapter -

The network manager says that it is "Unable to configure the network card
because the kernel device (tech) is not presennt."

To me this suggests that my networking card is like an old winModem and
depends on Winders for some functionality.

Searching the net,  I find Pages like this -

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-wireless-networking-41/success-netgear-wg311v3-400257/

Which give me hope that the problem can be resolved,  but I have no idea
what they're talking about.  Something about installing a wrapper, to
include the stuff the card looks to windows for.

But how do I do this?  I are confused.

Thank you for your help.

jay ~Meow!~