[mdlug] how would you teach a class?

Garry Stahl tesral at wowway.com
Thu Jul 9 19:11:48 EDT 2009

Jay Nugent wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> On Thu, 9 Jul 2009, Aaron Kulkis wrote:
>

>> Garry Stahl wrote:

>>> Drive letters suck, agreed.  The UNIX drive system is much, MUCH
>>> better.  However, DOS in general was decent command line.
>>>
>> It was always a pale imitation of Unix.
>>
>> Even as Microsoft was selling DOS and deriding Unix as
>> being an OS of "difficult command names with hard to remember
>> options", every version of DOS came closer and closer to
>> Unix (while always fundamentally missing some basic
>> concepts, such as concurrent execution)
>>

>    I recall a friend running Digital Research DOS (DRdos), and every time
> DRdos had a new feature (an added UNIX-like command) Microsoft DOS would
> come out with a bastradized simi-functioning version of the exact same
> thing about 6 months later.  It was obvious they were playing catch-up
> with DRdos, and DRdos was becoming more and more like UNIX.

De come of wid a feature, wes come up wid the same feature, but worse!
But we calls if betta we pays da press to praise it and da public
believes it.  Dats da Microsoft way ,and don't yous forgets it.

--
Garry  AKA  --Phoenix--  Rising above the Flames.

Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com
Metro Detroit Linux Users Group http://www.mdlug.org