[mdlug] how would you teach a class?

Garry Stahl tesral at wowway.com
Thu Jul 9 08:07:28 EDT 2009

Aaron Kulkis wrote:
> What's really sad is that they continue to hang on to
> the semantics and other artifacts of that horrid
> abortion of a commmand line interface (drive letters, etc.)

Drive letters suck, agreed.  The UNIX drive system is much, MUCH
better.  However, DOS in general was decent command line.  At one point
I had learned my way around it fairly well.  It was useful.  The help
system in DOS 6.22 was good.  Yes, I said "good" about a microsoft
product.  Of course they started gutting it at once.  Windoze help was
jealous.

--
Garry  AKA  --Phoenix--  Rising above the Flames.

Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com
Metro Detroit Linux Users Group http://www.mdlug.org