[mdlug] Linux Desktops For Sale

Garry Stahl tesral at wowway.com
Wed Jul 1 17:53:29 EDT 2009

Robert Adkins wrote:
>   Anyway, that's where my concerns lie with this and why I am sweating about this.

People will live up to, or down to your explications.  Assume that you
will have drooling idiots and that is what you will get.

The soft sell of Linux is the biggest problem I see.  "Make it exactly
like windows or the sheeple will never accept it."  Bull.  They didn't
know windows at one point.  Do not sell Linux as "like windows, but
different".  Be honest about the learning curve.  Tout the benefits of
enduring that learning curve.

--
Garry  AKA  --Phoenix--  Rising above the Flames.

Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com
Metro Detroit Linux Users Group http://www.mdlug.org