[mdlug] Linux Desktops For Sale

dobwan at earthlink.net dobwan at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 1 17:13:41 EDT 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: Garry Stahl <tesral at wowway.com>

Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 15:37:25
To: MDLUG's Main discussion list<mdlug at mdlug.org>
Subject: Re: [mdlug] Linux Desktops For Sale

Robert Adkins wrote:
> It's already going to be difficult enough as it is to explain the concept of
> the /swap partition as the reason why their computer should have 187GB
> displayed for a 200GB hard drive, yet they only see it displaying between
> 180 and 185GB. (Assuming they run with just the /swap and the / partitions.)

Robert, if they are too stupid to understand the concept of hard drive
partitions, they are too stupid to own a computer and do no damage.  I
seriously recommend the purchase of a leapfrog or better yet one of
those boxes office store use to simulate computers in the furniture
department.

--
Garry  AKA  --Phoenix--  Rising above the Flames.

Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com
Metro Detroit Linux Users Group http://www.mdlug.org