[mdlug] Linux Desktops For Sale

Jeff Hanson jhansonxi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 15:26:28 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Brian<brian at dangerbacon.com> wrote:
> A 50 GB root seems a bit over zealous to me given the fact there shouldn't be a ton of files landing there anyway.

I use 40GB minimum for gamers.  Start installing the major F/OSS and
native Linux commercial games and it gets used up real fast.

> Many OEMs ship windows these days with a disk partitioned to house a recovery image. I think a quick explanation of the benefits it provides would be more than enough to placate a confused user and they'd be greatful in the case of a hosed OS.

It would make it easier to keep track of update status and manually
installed packages there.  Integration with the instant-on Linux
systems of some motherboards like Asus Express Gate would be nifty.