[mdlug] Suggestions for games for an elderly parent? Starcraft

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles at compuware.com
Thu Jan 22 08:24:29 EST 2009

> From: Peter Bart

>     I don't know about that. I would have been in the front of the
line to
> buy software just a few years ago. Then I learned to use repositories.

 Software on physical media is on its way out. There's just no point in
a world with decent download speeds. One game maker recently said there
are kids born today who will never buy a game or movie on physical
media.

 Music will go first, it's smallest. It's already dying fast. Software
will go next, it's larger than music but still, you can download a whole
distribution onto one CD. Movies will be last - Blu-ray probably has ten
years, maybe, until the net infrastructure gets fast enough to support
regular multi-gigabyte downloads.

Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                  (313) 227-2317

 "Character is taught at home, but not by a purple dinosaur
            or a big yellow bird." - Jacob White