[mdlug] Suggestions for games for an elderly parent? Starcraft

Garry Stahl tesral at comcast.net
Wed Jan 21 16:14:41 EST 2009

Michael Corral wrote:
> 2009-01-21, Monsieur Wolfger a ecrit:
>
>> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 2:08 PM, David Lane <dcl400m at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I have baught Linux from Best Buy, A version of Suse.
>>>
>> Oh, sure. It's relatively easy to find the Linux OS on store shelves.
>> Finding software *for* Linux on store shelves is the hard part.
>>

> It's a little harder than it used to be. CompUSA used to sell Linux
> software (e.g. Applixware, Xess), and Best Buy did too (e.g. StarOffice).
> MicroCenter still sells some Linux apps, but not as much as they did
> about 5-6 years ago. I once asked them why, and the answer was simple:
> people just weren't buying them. That's the thing, there may be one or
> two people (like David) on a Linux mailing list who say they'll buy
> Linux software, but that's not enough for most stores to keep it on
> the shelves. Let's face it, Linux just ain't that popular. :(

Rather isn't that salable.  Popular?  Everyone here runs it, but who
last needed to buy any software?  Running openSUSE 11 I have never
needed to buy software.  I need something that does something I fire up
Yast and go get it.  That has been the story so far.

--
Garry  AKA  --Phoenix--  Rising above the Flames.

Star Trek mort. Viva la Star Trek admiraetur
The Olde Phoenix Inn http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com
Metro Detroit Linux Users Group http://www.mdlug.org