[mdlug] Suggestions for games for an elderly parent? Starcraft

Michael Corral micorral at comcast.net
Wed Jan 21 14:53:40 EST 2009

2009-01-21, Monsieur Wolfger a ecrit:
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 2:08 PM, David Lane <dcl400m at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I have baught Linux from Best Buy, A version of Suse.
> Oh, sure. It's relatively easy to find the Linux OS on store shelves.
> Finding software *for* Linux on store shelves is the hard part.

It's a little harder than it used to be. CompUSA used to sell Linux
software (e.g. Applixware, Xess), and Best Buy did too (e.g. StarOffice).
MicroCenter still sells some Linux apps, but not as much as they did
about 5-6 years ago. I once asked them why, and the answer was simple:
people just weren't buying them. That's the thing, there may be one or
two people (like David) on a Linux mailing list who say they'll buy
Linux software, but that's not enough for most stores to keep it on
the shelves. Let's face it, Linux just ain't that popular. :(

Michael